Sunday, February 22, 2009

I am not Spock! I am Spock.

Yes, I am Rachmeg. I think I created the online Avatar about 13 years ago when my second daughter was born. I don’t know why I thought putting two girls names together sounded like a tough medieval fighter, but at the time it worked. ( Rachmeg rhymes with Watch meg) Unfortunately as anyone knows, once you create an online persona, you can’t just go and change your name if you still want people to know who you are. From there, the name followed me across message boards and through online communities (some related to online gaming and others completely not.) I don’t expect that I will ever have the time to lead hundreds of people on dragon raids again, but I still feel the need to reach out to an online community. Hopefully, I can just change that focus to a different set of like-minded people. I now intend to use my blog space to start listing code examples and such that I may link to from outside, (as well as random personal commentary) Because of that, I’m going to switch to my more modern Avatar’s name. (Unless of course, I feel inspired to do otherwise) If anyone from the old days or from the “Nest” drops by – rest assured, I’m still around.

Jim – Because the trick is, realizing that there is no spoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home